To diverge slightly from copywriting for a moment; I’ve been busy cooking up a side-project which might interest you:
Nyouse.com, pronounced “news”, is a new website that connects people with journalists.
Do you have a story to tell? Do you have breaking news that the world needs to know? Do you have a whistle to blow or an announcement to make?
If you do, then use Nyouse! It’s very easy…
Just follow these steps:
- Log in to Twitter.com (you’ll need a Twitter account to use Nyouse. But they’re quick to set up and free to use.)
- Write a message that explains your story. Twitter messages (a.k.a. tweets) are limited to 140 characters so you’ll have to provide a flavour of your story, rather than all the details.
- Direct your message @nyouse or include the hashtag #nyouse
- If you want to indicate the location that your story is connected to, include the first half of your postcode as a hashtag. e.g. #bn1 for Brighton
- Wait for a journalist to get in touch.